The Staff Parish Relations Committee or Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPRC/PPRC) functions as the primary support system for the pastor and the vital link between the pastor and the congregation. The key operative words are: openness, sensitivity, support, encouragement, clarity, confidentiality, and accountability.
Persons who serve on the SPRC or PPRC must be full members of the church in good standing, be attentive to their spiritual disciplines, be able to reflect theologically and biblically, and have the competency to carry out the varied duties of the committee. One member shall be a young adult and one member may be a youth.
Key Functions of SPRC/PPRC:
1. To encourage, strengthen, nurture, support, and respect the pastor and staff and their family(s).
2. To promote unity in the church.
3. To confer with and counsel the pastor and staff on the matters pertaining to the effectiveness of ministry, relationships with the congregation; conditions that may impede the effectiveness of ministry; and to interpret the nature and function of the ministry.
4. To confer with, consult, and counsel the pastor and staff on matters pertaining to priorities in the uses of gifts, skills, and time and priorities for the demands and effectiveness of the mission and ministry of the congregation.
5. To provide evaluation at least annually for the use for the pastor and staff in an ongoing effective ministry.
6. To communicate and interpret to the congregation the nature and functions of the United Methodist Church.
7. To develop and approve written job descriptions.
8. Consult with the pastor and staff concerning continuing education and spiritual renewal.
9. To enlist, interview, evaluate, review, and recommend annually to the charge conference lay preachers and persons for candidacy for ordained ministry.
Chairperson: Joe Pellegrini
SPRC currently meets at 7:15 p.m. on the second Monday of January, March, May, September and November